RS Software Lab Forum
You are not logged in. Please Register or Login.

Posted: Jun 30, 2012 2:39:48 am
tibby

The Colorado Avalanche signed forward Matt Duchene to a two-year, $7 million contract on Saturday. Dez Bryant Jersey . Colorados first-round pick (third overall) in the 2009 Entry Draft, Duchene has recorded 150 points in 219 games during his three seasons with the Avalanche. The Haliburton, Ontario native was named to the NHL All-Rookie Team and was a finalist for the Calder Trophy in 2009-10.  He followed that up by becoming the youngest player in franchise history to lead the team in scoring with 67 points in 80 games during the 2010-11 season. "Matt is an important part of our team," said Avalanche general manager Greg Sherman. "We are excited to come to terms with him and we look forward to seeing him at camp." Duchene, 21, was selected to his first NHL All-Star Game in 2010-11 and became the youngest player in franchise history to reach 100 career points, doing so at the age of 20 years, 10 days on Jan. 26, 2011. Duchene was limited to 58 games due to injury this past season, tallying 14 goals and 14 assists for 28 points. DeMarcus Ware Elite Jersey . Turns out he had nothing to worry about as Toronto dominated the Oklahoma City Barons en route to a 5-0 victory Thursday night in Game 1 of the AHL Western Conference finals. Patrick Willis Jersey . Louis, MO (Sports Network) - Albert Pujols lone hit of the night was a two-run double that broke up a tie game in the fourth, and the St. Peyton Hillis Jersey . - Roger Clemens 10-year personal services contract with the Houston Astros could be affected by a possible perjury investigation into whether he lied to Congress about using steroids. Patrick Willis Jersey . Vazquez (44-4, 30 KOs) looked shaky in long stretches of his first bout since concluding his phenomenal rivalry with Rafael Marquez early last year. The former 122-pound world champion developed swelling around both eyes, and a two-inch cut opened over his left eye during the sixth round. Alonzo Mourning jersey . "Its just a decision by him to change his life, go back to Brazil," Allegri told The Associated Press. "Its difficult for him to come back." Brazilian clubs Gremio, Flamengo and Palmeiras have said they are interested in the playmaker. LAKE LOUISE, Alta. -- Maria Riesch threw her arms in the air and looked skyward after crossing the finish line Friday at the Bombardier Lake Louise World Cup. The tall German beat her rival and friend Lindsey Vonn of the U.S., to win the first womens downhill of this World Cup season. Vonn, who was second in 1:29.08, has been the dominant woman at Lake Louise with a record seven downhill victories over the previous six seasons. Riesch last won a downhill here in 2006 and since then had finished on the podium behind Vonn four times. She was also runner-up to Vonn in the overall World Cup standings the last three seasons. "To beat Lindsey at Lake Louise is a big challenge," a jubilant Riesch said. "Every win is really special, especially here in Lake Louise where Lindsey is always killing it." Elizabeth Goergl of Austria, winner of the super-G last year in Lake Louise, was third in 1:29.17. Britt Janyk of Whistler, B.C., was the top Canadian in 39th. A second downhill is scheduled for Saturday followed by Sundays super-G. The womens downhill course was shortened by about 150 metres because of icy sections at the top. The womens start hut was from the same point as the mens super-G last Sunday. The race was held under partly cloudy skies and temperatures of minus-10 C at the start hut. Light snow fell on skiers with an earlier start number, but visibility improved later in the race. Vonn was faster on the bottom portion of the course than Riesch, but the German, who is almost six feet tall, was quicker in the earlier phases. "I have more in me," Vonn vowed. "Ill be looking for a win tomorrow. Theres a lot thats yet to be done this weekend." Riesch and Vonn are fast friends and have spent holidays at each others homes. They spend less time together now that Vonn is married to former U.S. team skier Thomas Vonn and Riesch is engaged to her manager Marcus Hoefl, but the two women are still close. Both Thomas Vonn and Hoefl had birthdays Friday so their significant others were trying to win a World Cup for them. Lindsey Vonn supplemented her second-place finish by singing "Happy Birthday" to her husband in the finish area. Von won both downhills and was second in super-G last year in Lake Louise. "Its always hard to lose a race by such small margins, but Im happy for Maria," Vonn said. "Its great to see my friend on the top step of the podium. Ill look of video and see where I can make up time for tomorrow." It was a tough day on the hill for Canadians as Janyk was the host teams only legitimate medal hope. Shed finished third in a downhill at Lake Louise three years ago and was fourth and 10th in 2009. "The speed just isnt there," Janyk said. ";I can feel it on the flats and on this course, its so important to carry speed on those top flats and especially on the bottom, you can see girls either take speed or lose speed down here. Sam Bradford Youth Jersey. quot; George Simmerling of West Vancouver, B.C., was 45th, followed by Victoria Stevens of Mont-Tremblant, Que., in 46th. Kelly McBroom of Canmore, Alta., was 51st in her first race since wrecking her knee in a race on Feb. 1, 2009. With Emily Brydon retired and Kelly VanderBeek and Larisa Yurkiw rehabilitating knee injuries, the Canadian womens speed team is thin. All but Janyk are 21 years old or younger and lack World Cup experience. Janyk lost an experienced training partner when Chemmy Alcott of Britain crashed in Thursdays final training run and broke her leg in two places. Alcott trained with the Canadian team this off-season. "She was kind of training partner because weve got a lot of young girls on the team and theyre great, but to have Chemmy around who is experienced as I am and racing on the World Cup as long as I have to train next to has been fantastic," Janyk said. While the rest of the speed team remains in Canada for developmental NorAm races, Janyk will travel alone to the next World Cup in Val-dIsere, France. She wont have Alcott for moral support. "Ill be the only one there," Janyk said. "Ill definitely miss her." Vonn has been critical of this years Lake Louise course, which was water-injected for the mens races last week. Injection creates a layer of hard snow and ice to prevent the course from deteriorating as the heavier men ski over it, and also to keep the course intact should the temperature suddenly rise. Injection is sometimes used on only portions of a course. Lake Louise has received little snow since the mens races and some sections remain icy. "Its unfortunately getting more slick ever day," Vonn said. "Its pretty dangerous, but theyre doing their best, so I have to go out and do my best and try not to think about it. "Its better when its not as icy for the women. You need to be able to feel the snow. For men, the ice is great, but for women, its not as great." Riesch and Goergl were less critical of course conditions. "Some gates are really icy, but I think thats because of the preparation for the men," Riesch said. "It actually is OK because you know where it is and you just need sharp edges and to stand in a good position on your skis and then its not problem." Added Goergl: "I also like it when its icy because you have to use the power and use a clean technique." Notes: Rieschs victory was the 15th of her career. ... Vonns second-place finish was her 12th podium at a Lake Louise World Cup. ' ' '